Labels:

Top Ten Tuesday #9


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Each week they give a topic, and then other blogs make their top ten lists for that topic.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished 


1. Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer: Even though Megan put this one on the list, I can explain it for her :) She read the first one, and it was okay for her, but then she just couldn't bring herself to finish the second. It wasn't Megan's taste. 
I did finish the series though, and I enjoyed them, although I won't read them again and they definitely aren't on my favourite book list.

2. Eragon Series by Christopher Paolini: Again, this is from Megan, but I'll explain anyways. She just couldn't get into the first book, so never continued reading the series.

3. Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket: Well, I have all 13 of them sitting up there on a shelf right above the couch, but I've only read the first 5. I found they were getting repetitive, so I didn't read anymore, but I've had plenty of people tell me they get better after the 5th, so I might pick them up again to give them another try. Either way, they'd probably be a fun read every so often. Megan also hasn't finished this series. 

4. Immortals by Alyson Noel: I read the first one, Evermore, (which there is a review for!) and it was so incredibly similar to Twilight, it's kinda funny. I am kind of curious to find out what happens next, but I'd rather put the time into a different book that I think will turn out more to my tastes. I know that many people did love this series though!

5. Inkheart Series by Cornelia Funke: I read the first one, Inkheart, and the second one, Inkspell cause I loved the first. The second was too long or slow or something for my tastes, though, and it took me forever to read. So I guess I kind of just lost my momentum to read the last. (Which I do have!) Although I've been told by many people that the second was the worst and the third was the best, so I've gotta give it a try sometime. Megan, too, hasn't finished this series. 

6. The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica by James A. Owen: I read the first, Here There Be Dragons, and I loved it. It's one of those books that pulls in all kinds of mythology from all over the world and pulls it all together, which is something I'm a sucker for. Any kind of fairytale twist sort of story is a instant grab for me. I should really try and find the next book...

7. The Secrets of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott: I read the first three I think, but I just never got around to reading the fourth. 

8. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis:  SHAME ON ME. HOW COULD I NOT HAVE FINISHED NARNIA? Well, there's only one book left for me to read.

9. Incarceron Series by Cathering Fisher: I really enjoyed the first one, it's just a matter of getting around to the other two.

10. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare: Honestly, I can't wait till I get ahold of the next one! I loved the first, I really got caught up in it. 

11. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling: Yeah, I just couldn't get into it.... HAHAHA JUST KIDDING. I have most definitely read this series, I assure you. What kind of book reviewer would I be if I haven't?

OH! We'll have some more stuff for you all this week then previous weeks, I promise!

-Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
read it write © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters