Labels:

TTT #19 Favourite Fantasy Characters


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Each week they give a topic, and then other blogs make their top ten lists for that topic.

This week's topic is.......Top Ten Characters from the Fantasy Genre

1) Sirius Black from Harry Potter: Sirius always has been and probably always will be my very favourite Harry Potter character, even though we didn't get to see him as much as some of the characters in the books.

2) Alanna from Song of the Lionness: She's pretty much all you could want in a female character and then much, much more.

3) Ismae from Grave Mercy: Ismae is the main character of one of my new favourite series, and she's so completely kick-ass it's amazing. I loved reading about Ismae and her world.

4) Katerina from Katerina Trilogy: She's got dark necromancer powers but she's completely devoted to doing what she thinks is right, as well as ignoring all of the standards that people think she should be following. 

5) James from The Books of Faerie: He's smart and funny and a bit of a smart ass and musically talented and deals with faeries. Plus he plays the bagpipes. Plus I like his name.

6) Reepicheep from Prince Caspian & The Voyage of the Dawn Treader: The Narnia series, along with Harry Potter, were kind of the first fantasy books I read. I've always loved Narnia, and these two books are my favourites of the series. It's been a while since I've read them, but I've always loved Reepicheep. He's a talking, sword-yielding mouse with sass. How could you not love him?

7) Cole from Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy: Sure he's kind of your typical bad-boy, but I couldn't help rooting for him through this whole trilogy. 

8) Inigo Montoya from the Princess Bride: "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." 
If you haven't seen this movie, you're missing out big time.

9) Jack Dandy from the Girl in the Steel Corset: Again, another of the somewhat-shady characters, but he's so charming and mysterious! 

10) Lord Raoul from Song of the Lionness: He's just awesome, okay? You just have to read the books to understand :D (yes, that is me trying to get you to read Tamora Pierce books.)

Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Reading about Alanna got me through some really tough points when I was in middle school/high school. I used to think to myself, "If Alanna can do that, I can do this" ... usually about P.E. class. But it worked! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alanna's always been a favourite for me because she is so strong. Actually, I had a very hard time not putting more Tamora Pierce characters on here, I love them all so much!

      Thank you!

      Delete

 
read it write © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters